Friday, November 4, 2011

The Beauty of Nature

Lake Shimmer

This is my submission for Photo Art Friday at Pixel Dust Photo Art. I played around with a photo I captured near our lake. I could see the lake water sparkling through the trees and it created such a beautiful glow. To achieve this effect, I applied the Dry Brush effect (lower opacity) and then used some texture.

"The beauty of nature has stirred my soul, driven out the pain that was lodged there and filled it with light." ~Sofia Tolstoy

10 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty and creative, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an 'old master' painting. Love it! So glad you shared it with us all at Photo Art Friday Sherri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful light effect; the photo just glows. The subtle texture is rather "dottish" or Monet-ish - very beautiful. Thank you, kareninkenai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful autumn leaves and lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful light! This has a wonderful painterly look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! What a great mixture of light and texture on this beautiful scene in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your image has such a warm dreamy feel to it....very beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your artwork is so LOVELY. I like texture and colors so much. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like where I live in Indiana.
    You did a great job with this.
    I love the quote, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Warm, beautiful colors. Great work!

    ReplyDelete