Friday, November 25, 2011

Peaceful Pond

Peaceful Pond

This is my submission for Photo Art Friday at Pixel Dust Photo Art. We went to Prince William Forest Park a couple weeks ago and I captured this shot of a pond down one of the many paths through the woods. The silence was wonderful; there was no one there but us, not a single car anywhere or any sounds of traffic. It's rare to experience that where we live. I played around with this photo and added a couple of textures plus some extra filters in RadLab. I like the rustic results...it's so much fun to simply experiment in Photoshop Elements to see what you end up with. I could do it 24/7!

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I could see this as a book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 24/7... i´m with you!! so totally addictive! love your result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, I love the reflections so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Looks like a fantastic painting Sherri! I just love the effect. Thank you for sharing your work with Photo Art Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is really peaceful. So beauty fresh colors and composition :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the 24/7. Beautiful reflection captured here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherri, why do you consider yourself an amateur? Your photos are wonderful! Glad you stopped by otherwise I wouldn't find your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! One of my favorite kinds of photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, I love it! And the colors and light are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice processing; beautiful image. kareninkenai (PAF)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very artistic!! And I know what you mean about experimenting in PSE - it's awfully addictive and I've been known to let the laundry pile up, dinner go unplanned, and to ignore the phone if I'm wrapped up in a project! :)

    ReplyDelete