Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fleeting

Warm Glow

This photo makes my heart sing. I'm soaking in those last fleeting moments of warm sunshine, and basking in the glow of the brilliant leaves. I breathe deeply and take this moment in, storing it lovingly in my memory banks for later. In the next week or two, the wind will arrive and blow all the leaves from their limbs. In the space of a day or two, the trees will become exposed and vulnerable, which is how my spirit tends to feel during the bleak winter months. As always, I'll hold on for the ride...and wait for the renewal of spring.

Fall disarms with
Its brilliant charms
Wind engages with
The flaming hues
Glorious, swirling
Leaf mayhem ensues.

1 comment:

  1. There is a side street I take on my way home where the trees and their colors form a canopy over the road. I, too, try and treasure these days. Even so, I feel them slipping away. Almost time to hibernate :)

    ReplyDelete