Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Exposed

bare tree

The leaves are gone and the trees look so vulnerable, as if they're mourning the inevitable onset of winter. Yet, still they stand, majestic and beautiful...their roots anchored strongly in the earth, their limbs reaching earnestly towards heaven, their heavy ribcages filled with wish rings to hold them till spring. I am grateful for these beautiful beings of nature, who always bring me peace and comfort when I walk among them. There's just something about trees that I can't explain...they have a presence, a sacredness, that slows my breathing and calms my busy brain. This is my photo submission for Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday. I used a couple of textures, one of which was Kim's "Life's Good". I also used Pixel Dust Photo Art's texture "Faded Fresco".

7 comments:

  1. a beautiful work....love the textures used. They add great atmosphere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really nice! A great photo (love the angle) and the textures really do add atmosphere.
    Heidi via texture tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this texture especially near the edges. Did you create it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photo, beautiful thoughts . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessie, the texture that is noticeable along the edges of the photo is called "Faded Fresco" and is offered free right now at Pixel Dust Photo Art's blog. Bonnie has amazing textures and you should definitely check them out! Her blog link is highlighted in my post (in red).

    ReplyDelete
  6. aha, Bonnie's Faded Fresco, also - very nice. I just downloaded it after commenting on her post. This is great processing. thank you {texture tuesdays}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shot, wonderful words.

    ReplyDelete