1. Wild. My husband and I took a country drive (and up to the mountains) last weekend to see the fall foliage before Hurricane Sandy blew all the leaves away. This photo was while we were driving up through the mountains near Shenandoah National Park. It got very cloudy and the tips of the mountain were hidden by fog. Pretty wild to see! :)
2. Welcome. There was a lovely bed and breakfast in the town of Sperryville - this was their porch. The mums and pumpkins were very inviting and provided a warm welcome to any visitors.
3. Adventure. I love our country drives - it's a mini adventure for us because we never have any real destination in mind and we turn down random country roads to see where they'll take us. One of those roads led us to this lovely view.
4. Vibrant. We pulled off at an apple stand and this was the view in the distance. The vibrant colors of the trees along with the sweet sheep in the background (and the black birds in the tree!) made this my favorite capture of the day. I was so excited to get this shot! And I also got some apple butter and pumpkin butter...delicious.
5. Classic. I got so many beautiful photos of the fall trees, but this one is such a classic country scene...the beautiful hills, the open field, the grazing cow...gorgeous. It was a really fun day!