Friday, June 6, 2014

Still on Florida Time

Florida

It's Friday already and my intention was that I'd have a bunch of photos from Florida edited and ready to post by now...instead, I'm still trying to regroup from our trip and I have barely touched my images. Vacation does that to you - the memories hold on for awhile and you don't want to let go. I'm finding it hard to focus.

So, today I'm posting a few of my Instagram images that represent some major things about Florida, things I most definitely noticed while visiting.

First off, the clouds in Florida are spectacular! I love taking photos of clouds, and I was "oohing and aahing" every day about the different cloud shapes and styles. When we move there permanently, I'll be a very happy girl. :)

Second, I love that almost every single day in the afternoon, rain showers/thunder storms roll in. I guess this might get old after living there awhile, but I found it exciting! Our new home has a lovely covered lanai, and my husband and I enjoy sitting out there while it rains.

Last, but not least, there are lots of alligators in Florida. I haven't actually spotted one yet, but apparently they're lurking everywhere. In our future retirement community, there are stories in the paper quite often of alligators deciding to stroll down neighborhood streets for a visit. Yikes! I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

Thank you for stopping by - I'm hoping by next week my vacation fog will have passed. I'm linking up today with Kim Klassen's Friday Finds - click below to visit and/or participate!

Kim Klassen dot Com

6 comments:

  1. Isnt it funny how usually you need a vacation from your vacation. I visited Florida about 5 years ago and I was crying to come home by the 3rd night! Then I got home and was wore out from the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title and the last image, wonderful focus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I was on Florida time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rain on the window. Such a simple subject but it makes me dreamy. Hope you enjoy going through your Florida photos. It always takes me a while to work through vacation photos, but it's so much fun to savor them and remember!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Sherri I love sitting undercover in the warm air watching the rain....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your images are lovely, Sherri ... The window with rain drops already caught my eye on Instagram - such a wonderful feeling in it!

    ReplyDelete