Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Beauty of Dogwoods

white dogwood

white dogwood

white dogwood

white dogwood

After all, I don't see why I am always asking for private, individual, selfish miracles when every year there are miracles like white dogwood. ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Every spring when the dogwood trees bloom with their gorgeous pink or white flowers, they bring a happy smile to my face and my heart. I treasure every day that I get to see them while they're here! And, needless to say, each year I take endless photos of them...here are a few to share. More will be coming this week...and possibly next! On this particular day, the dogwoods were cheering up the clouds with their blooms.

For Kim's Texture Tuesday this week, I used her "daisy" texture in the last photo above, at Soft Light/30%. The theme is simple, and I think the simple beauty of the dogwood bloom is breathtaking. Thank you for stopping by!

kimklassencafe

9 comments:

  1. There's beauty in simple for sure! I love your choice of texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love blossom and dogwood is particularly lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogwoods are my favorite. I am hoping I get more than 3 blossoms on my tree this year. It is still a baby tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost take the dogwoods for granted. I'm thankful that you highlighted their simple beauty for me with your pictures. Love the image of the dogwood blossom isolated against the sky - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dogwoods are one of my favorite flowering spring trees. I love their symbolism as well as their delicate, lovely flowers. Wonderful photos!
    Visiting from Texture Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dogwood shots are just wonderful Sherri!, and aren't they the most lovely flower in the spring. Have you read the legend of the dogwood. I always love seeing that and then reflecting on the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful images ! I love dogwoods too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dogwoods, but sadly I don't really see them around here? I remember tons of them from growing up in Indiana though, taking long car rides with my grandparents, oohing and ahhing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos. I love the way the blossoms have the touch of red on the notch at the tip of the petal. Wonderful blossoms.

    ReplyDelete