Wednesday, April 23, 2014

App Happy Wednesday

camera app love

camera app love

camera app love

camera app love

Barb at Keeping with the Times is starting a new link called App Happy Wednesday. I'm so happy to hear about this and can't wait to join in! These days, I use camera apps for editing much more than I ever use Photoshop. I think this is a growing trend, so I'm thrilled that Barb has started her weekly link. Thank you, Barb!

For the first three images, I used my new, favorite painterly app: Brushstroke. I love the instant look of a painting you can get with just one finger tap! There are many different paint filters to choose from within this app, and each one gives a slightly different look. I tend to always go with one of the "S" series - they appeal to my eye the most. If I don't feel the painted effect is popping enough, I will often then move it into either Snapseed or Pictapgo to saturate or "crisp" up the image so it's more striking. Once it really pops, I know I'm done.

For the last photo, I used the app Mextures to add the lovely filter. I think I then moved it into Snapseed and de-saturated the pink background just slightly, so it wasn't overpowering.

Please click on the link below to participate and share your own "app happy" images! I'm "sherribrannon" on Instagram, by the way. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Keeping With The Times

16 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled you are joining in, Sherri! I am a long-time admirer of your art created with apps and I love what you've done with Brushstrokes! I'm going to have to get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHERRI every single time you post something on these apps, I get in to trouble. LOL. I am so loving that first photo and it looks amazing. All of these spring blossom shots are great. Love them, and now I have brushstroke

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I can't pick a favorite, they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so beautiful! I loved reading your process- all the apps you used. Such lovely edits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really enjoyed your images on Instagram of the spring flowering trees. So beautiful! I too have to force myself to do some things on PS these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been MIA from IG lately, #phoneprobs, hopefully to be rectified next month at upgrade time! YOU are the app queen I must say - I always love your images!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the painterley effects you have got there Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I find these apps. I have Google Play and could not find them. I may have to sneak my sons IPAD and see if I can find something there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, I don't know anything about Google Play...but, if you do go on your son's iPad, you should be able to find these apps there!

      Delete
  9. Love the cherry blossoms and what you've done with them. I'm definitely going to see if I can find that Brushstrokes app!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to come back Sherri and see if my comment was here...long story but I was checking my spam folder to see if something went there and I saw some mail failures from comments I made to your blog...this was one of them. But, alas, I see it here? so very strange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I'm glad your message showed up and I hope whatever it was has resolved itself!

      Delete
  11. That first photo just took my breath away! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love to see what apps you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are wonderful edits, Sherri! I'm a bog fan of Brushstrokes as well - and used it on one of the photos Iinked up with. Just found you on IG... what a gorgeous gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your images are absolutely fantastic, Sherri! I downloaded Brushstroke having seen your and Barbara's lovely images - It is such a great app, thank you for the tip! I love also how you've enchanged the lowest image with Mextures ... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete