Wednesday, September 25, 2013

R.I.P. Ruby Rose

iphone

I heard somebody define heaven once as a place where, when you get there, all the dogs you ever loved run to greet you. ~Robert B. Parker

My heart is breaking today...our sweet corgi, Ruby, has left us after 13 amazing years. She was the most beautiful, sweetest, silliest, loveliest dog I've ever known. We always said that we won the doggy lottery when Ruby came into our lives. It's going to be so strange (and hard) to not have my constant companion and best friend by my side as I go through my days. But she's my little guardian angel now, and I take comfort in believing her presence is with me and my family wherever we are. I love you, Ruby Rose. You're in my heart forever.

11 comments:

  1. My heart breaks with you Sherri. Losing your constant companion is so hard. I love the idea of Heaven with all my dogs running to greet me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I didn't realize your little one was 13 years old, she certainly had the spirit of a puppy from your photos on Instagram. I am so sorry for your loss. Some will never understand how truly a FAMILY member our four-footed loved ones are. How blessed you BOTH were to be in each other's lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry. I know that ache, and will keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO!! Sherri, I'm so, so sorry.....I just dread the day. I'm sending you a warm loving hug from Texas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I'm so so so sorry, friend. I've always thought pets were truly heaven sent, so the quote makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Sherri I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful little friend. I know how much I love my little fur friends and it is so hard to lose your pet. My heart goes out to you! Those dog years go by so fast , much too fast! Hugs from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherri, I am so sorry to hear about Ruby. What a sweet photo that depicts what a lovely nature she had. Sending you a big hug my friend. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sorry , Sherri.
    Ruby was so beautiful.
    I know how hard it is as I had to say good bye to my beautiful cat Smokey in April, I miss her everyday.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a sweetheart she must have been. i totally understand the grief. when our alsatian sebastian died, he was 14, having accompanied us through our entire childhood, camping trips, park walks, and carpet cuddles. the quote you have used is beautiful, i had never heard it before. sending you a warm, tight hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to read your tribute to your sweet Ruby. She was well loved and will be remembered forever in your hearts.

    ReplyDelete