Thursday, August 1, 2013

iPhoneography: Tangled FX

Tangled FX app

Tangled FX app

Tangled FX app

Tangled FX app

I thought I'd share some recent photos I've taken with my iPhone using one of my favorite apps: Tangled FX ($1.99). I just can't get enough of the very interesting effect it has on my phone images. It especially does amazing things with trees, flowers, and leaves. The key for me, I've discovered, is using the Blender app along with it - I blend the original image with the tangled-effect image to create a more subtle result. If the image still looks too bright and garish, I may blend it one more time, or put it into an app with filters that tone down the saturation/color, such as Pictapgo. My favorite effect in the Tangled FX app is "Swirl", which I use almost exclusively (along with Blender to make it more subtle).

Are you as addicted to iphone apps as I am? Do you have a favorite? I'd love to know about it because maybe it's one I don't have yet...!

4 comments:

  1. You've created some good stuff there. I'm afraid my phone is a dinosaur, good camera but no apps! I don't think apps were invented when my phone came out....hahaha! Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the queen of phone app fun!! xo These are incredible as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really fun, Sherrie! I especially like the image of the pool floaties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know I'm app-dicted!!! I think my favorite may be Snapseed just because I do a lot with it but for creativity I love TangledFX, PhotoViva and have really started using UBrush

    ReplyDelete