Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Fever

digital flower

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain

Spring is so close I can taste it...everywhere I look, the buds are ripe and ready to burst. Any day now, there will be an explosion of color. In the meantime, for Bonnie's Photo Art Friday, our theme this week was "collage". I came up with the idea of trying to create a flower collage using some of my original photos. I chose a few spring photos from last year and used them to create the individual flower center and petals. I added each flower element as a separate layer and, one at a time, used a mask and hard brush to create my desired shapes. I then used the dry brush artistic effect on just the flower with a reverse layer mask. I also used the pencil tool for the very first time because I wanted to add lines around the shapes of the petals. My background is one I created myself awhile back with paints/mixed media - lastly, I added the text and put the whole image through Radlab for a final tweeking.

This was a fun exercise - thanks so much for stopping by. If you're also impatiently waiting for spring where you are, I hope it shows up soon!

Photo Art Friday

23 comments:

  1. Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Happy Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this turned out Sherri. Very imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cool Sherri, all the way down to your zinnia O. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you've created this,
    Best whishes.
    Mormor Norway.

    http://www.starbear.no/mormor/2013/04/04/photo-art-friday-april-5th-6th-collage/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, this is beautiful.
    Truly the image of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great collage ...
    so much creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your collage makes my heart sing, Sherri! It should be the cover of an issue of a Spring gardening magazine. Thank you for sharing your editing process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece! The shapes look like footprints to me - spring stepping in?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative and so fun. Loving this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This my friend, is pure brilliance . . . I'm going to be coming back to stare at this again - so awesome! Spring is here, but you know unfortunately I've only been able to enjoy it from my front porch...I'm hoping to get a little me time this weekend away from the house and a doctors office.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is absolutely beautiful, so pretty and creative. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely so creative Sherri! Think you did a great job and you did some things in it I have no clue how to do! Lovely and makes spring feel very close! Have a wonderful upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks as though you actually cut out you images for your collage. Spring is covered in yesterdays snow here. The poor daffodils! It is supposed to be 60 degrees here today- so hopefully most of it will melt. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very creative, Sherri! Beautiful collage that giving me a feeling of spring!
    Have a nice weekend.
    Monica:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You hit it out of the park on this one Sherri. (Catch the baseball allusion? ;-) spring sport...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a great picture Sherri, I love the zentangle in the background and the mix of media, beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now we still have to wait for the spring, the colours are already there.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wonderful wonders this is fabulous, Sherri!! I love all the work and thought you put into it and I am inspired by you, yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh... this is a very creative layout. So beautiful and perfect title

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful work, beautiful blog! (And I am waiting for spring too!)

    ReplyDelete