Saturday, April 6, 2013

Color Board - Beautiful Blues

mood board - blue

I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. ~Winston Churchill

I'm taking Kim Klassen's year-long online course "Beyond Beyond", and our most recent lesson was to create a color board in Photoshop Elements. What fun this is! I think I'm addicted. I gathered up a bunch of my jewelry/art supplies and worked on creating a blues palette. I was happy with my first attempt! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend - thanks for stopping by.

P.S. The adorable corgi ballerina in my image was drawn by my daughter when she was 7 or 8 years old...I still treasure it!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow what glorious colours I have pair of Murano glass earrings that would fit perfectly in your display....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, these blues are amazing, and I just love how you arranged everything here.
    So beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, that's what I call artistic blue.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious childhood drawings. I still have many of Mallory's and will keep them forever. Blues and greens are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that sounds like fun - I adore the Churchill quote and LOVE your color board! Now I'm tempted to play around, too. Photoshop rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know WHY I've never been particularly drawn to blues. I lean much more towards warmer colors. But looking at board of beautiful blues I think....I'M A MORON! :)

    ReplyDelete