Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Heart is Bokehful

Untitled

I have struggled so much with finding good photos lately...the month of August, for me, is very much like the month of February. All the color (except for green!) is gone from my yard, and a lot of the green has turned to brown because of the heat. It's too hot to go out in search of photos...so thank goodness for my iphone! I try to at least get some photos here and there throughout the week...and then I have fun experimenting with all my apps! I took a screenshot of my latest Instagrams to use for this week's This or That Thursday.

Camera apps have become my new obsession...I'm always on the lookout for new ones. A few of my latest favorites were used in the photos above.

For the "One Day at a Time" photo, I used Blender and layered two photos together. The words are actually a sticker (black text on white paper) that I took a photo of.

For the journal photo, I added the hearts with Bokehful. This app lets you add a variety of bokeh (circles, hearts, stars, etc.) to your phone images, and the best part is that you can choose: 1) the color of the bokeh, and 2) where you want the bokeh to appear simply by touching the screen!

For the "take time for the view" photo, my very drab photo of a seagull on a street lamp (taken in the grocery store parking lot!) became pretty thanks to the "100 Cameras" app. I also added the little bit of bokeh at the bottom with a "Picfx" filter (under their Light section). I added the text using "Phonto".

For my sweet Ruby (corgi) photo, I used a new app I found called "SigNote". It allows you to put your own writing on your photos - very cool! For a great youtube tutorial about this app, click HERE.

Regardless of the various apps I use, I always process my photos first from my camera roll and then post them to Instagram as my last step when they're ready to be shared. It's funny, I used to download music to my itunes, but now I download camera apps to my iphone! Times, they are a-changing. :)

Thanks for visiting - please click on the button below to visit This or That Thursday!

11 comments:

  1. I'll have to check these apps out! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great! Like your one day at a time, and have honestly never thought of doing that.... DUH. Yes, August is a hard month for photography, but am looking forward to Colorado. Hope it will give me some inspiration. Leaving in a few hours ( if I can get packed that is). See you back in about 2 weeks. Be safe and don't let me miss any of your poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic mosaic, you wouldn;t know you were struggling with finding images, I love these! Thank you for the apps tips - I'm loving playing with my camera phone too and I always like to have an experiement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun pics! I love taking pictures w/my ipod & oh must look at those Bokeh apps I'd prob. add it to all my pictures Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All cool stuff here, thanks for sharing. I'm at #32 at the hop today. Stop on by?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful work! all your photos are gorgeous and I especially love the bokeh (and the fact that you gave us all these tips)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the photos. You have some great apps. I love forward to exploring some of these now that I have an iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My phone has been saving me with my project life photos when I don't feel like getting out my big camera! You have some great shots here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aah the struggle of photography... I get to such periods about once every month :-) And like Deb said, my i-Phone has saved me too last couple of weeks. I just don't feel like carrying those heavy bags last couple of weeks, months even. That collage you made is so pretty (and thanks for the app tips - they're great!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. More apps to try! Yeah! Your pictures look great - can't wait to try the apps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anazing apps! definitely going to give those apps a try later! Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete