Thursday, August 30, 2012

Circles

Circle Shapes

Circle Shapes

Circle Shapes

Circle Shapes

Circle Shapes

Circle Shapes

Circle Shapes

Draw a circle, not a heart, around the one you love because a heart can break but a circle goes on forever. ~Danny Kaye

I'm taking Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers class this year, and our exercise for this week was to take our camera and go in search of a specific shape (circle, square, triangle, etc.). I chose "circle", and went for a walk yesterday in my neighborhood...here are a few of my favorites. I love doing these shape treasure hunts, because they force you to slow down and really look. You must focus your attention, which helps you to notice things you might not otherwise, especially in nature. I zoomed in close to capture all these circular things, and love how organic everything looks. I love circles - they are fluid, pleasing to my eye, and there are no hard edges!

CIRCLES

We are soft circles
Eternal like the sun
With no sharp points
Or endings

Our souls are round
Inside linear bodies
That march forward
On straight roads
Liked pointed arrows

Enduring spirit circles
Spinning with grace
Trapped inside keen
And jagged minds.

©Sherri Brannon

15 comments:

  1. Sherrie, again amazing pictures and amazing words to accompany them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this collection of photos. What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our souls are round
    Inside linear bodies


    Love that. Lovely photos, too. I think about that a lot. (Eternal souls, not lovely photos.) It kind of freaks me out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri, just wholesome, amazing shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quote! Your pictures are amazing - it makes me wonder how many circles I missed as I walk around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful post Sherri! and as usual, your poetry is amazing and so powerful. I have read lots of poetry, and of all that i have read, still think that you need to get PUBLISHED!! Your work is so powerful and relevant to womens thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images! You've got me looking for circles all around me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Calling by from thisorthatthursday, what lovely images and words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this collection of circles. Wonderful response to the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful beautiful poetry... yes we are eternal.. our souls are like circles.
    completely agree

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful collection of circle you've captured here. I was especially drawn to those plants in the third photo, so unique and unusual. Lovely poetry to go with your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sherri,

    What a brilliant collection of images and a thought-provoking poem to accompany them. You've created another rich and memorable post that we are all fortunate to experience and that is truly appreciated. Wishing you a peaceful and happy weekend!

    G

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some striking photos here, great colours and compositions. The first five are amazing.

    ReplyDelete