Friday, July 11, 2014

The Lake is Quiet

image

The lake is quiet, the trees surround me, asking and giving nothing. ~Margaret Atwood

There's just something about being near water...it has such a calming effect. You feel your body relaxing, you breath easier...it's a wonderful thing. This is a photo I took in Florida with my iPhone, but I just got around to app-editing it this week. I used Snapseed to create the tilt-shift effect, and then put it in Luminance for the lovely filter.

Happy Friday to you! I'm linking up with Friday Finds today.

Kim Klassen dot Com

8 comments:

  1. Breathtaking shot, Sherri,
    We live on a lake , I find such tranquility there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being near water too, we live on a lake as well :) I love your photo, it's beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!. I must revisit Luminance too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too share your love for water - the sea and the lake. Refreshes, just as you photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday to you to Sherri I love being around water as well so calming...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel happiest near the water. I don't really like to swim, but I love to sit and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quote, photo and processing!

    ReplyDelete