Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Farmer's Market Love

fresh bouquet

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer’s year — it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. ~Author Unknown

One of my favorite places in the summer is the local farmer's market. Walking through the tent-filled aisles of produce on a sunny Sunday morning always makes me smile. This week we walked away with zucchini, corn, onions, peaches, and fresh cilantro. And I can also find the loveliest bouquets of flowers there for $5.00! At the grocery store, that price will get me dyed carnations.

I took this photo with our amazing Canon, which I'm embarrassed to say I still know virtually nothing about...my intentions have been good, but in recent months I've become so focused on iPhoneography. And now that I'm dealing with back issues, carrying the Canon around for more than a short period is an issue...my iPhone is as light as a feather!

I used Kim Klassen's "reverie" texture on this image, at Multiply/20%. I also tweaked it in Radlab. Thanks so much for stopping by.

P.S. I should've removed the wilting, yellow flower before I took this photo...I didn't notice it at the time. Now it's driving me crazy every time I see my image! Ah well, such is life.

“Texture

16 comments:

  1. The essences of summer, as a fellow back suffer I can understand your feelings after my trip away but find it hard to give up my Canon, going to look into a mirrorless for something lighter. I do like my iphone and glad I have it for IG. I also love what you have been doing with the course. You are so good with the apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shot sherri! and I too love going to farmers market! Such great buys there, and so representative of the bounty of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely Sherri so much prettier than fussy bouquets..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bouquet, even the yellow, wilting flower ! Nice shot, love the background too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shot - wouldn't have noticed the yellow flower if you hadn't pointed it out (wabi sabi maybe?!). I feel the same about my dslr at the minute, it is so heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri - this is a stunner. I have to tell you that the wilted flower is perfect - to me it looks like a painting. Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image! I didn't even notice the wilting yellow flower! it looks wonderful next to the daisy-like flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are beautiful. Lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even notice it . . . it looks like a real bunch of flowers hand picked from the garden, beautiful!! I've found myself leaving my big girl camera at home sometimes...no pressure to "get the shot" ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love our farmer's market here but nobody has flowers at ours.
    Beautiful shot
    Smiles ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely bouquet, Sherri ... even with the wilted flower !
    Beautifully captured !
    Nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i just love this colorful bouquet! we have something similar at ours...it's great that the bunches are little different every week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your back problems are nothing serious. Yes, carrying the big camera does take its toll. The wilted flowers just make it perfectly imperfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've inspired me to check out our Farmers Market. I used to go and haven't been at all this year. Your flowers and photo are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sheri, it jus looks like it's supposed to be that way. I didn't even notice. I love farmers markets too. Thanks for reminding me, I must go this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great shot. The yellow flower adds character and interest to the image. To me, it would have been less interesting without it. Be happy with a wonderful image of the flowers from the farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete