1. Vintage. I took this photo at a park in North Carolina last weekend. The trees looked so pretty with their white blooms. I added a couple of textures to give it more of a vintage feel.
2. Word or Quote. I could devote an entire blog to clouds and trees - why do I have such a fascination with them? I find them so beautiful and never get tired of taking pictures of them. I took this one on Wednesday afternoon, and the quote seemed to be a perfect fit.
3. Nature's Own. On our way back from North Carolina, we pulled off at a "scenic outlook" while taking back roads home through the mountains. The view was gorgeous - it was hazy, but still a lovely sight.
4. People. I've been practicing converting photos to black and white this week (thanks to Kim Klassen, whose Beyond Layers class I'm taking). This is the only photo from my archives this week - a picture of my daughter from last fall. I've been looking for photos with a good combination of light and shadow to convert. Black and white photos are making me look at my images in a whole new way - sometimes photos really are more striking without color.
5. Photographer's Choice. While we were pulled over at the scenic outlook mentioned above, my daughter spotted this cute ladybug and I quickly snapped a few pictures...he's cute, isn't he? He flew away very quickly!