Friday, January 10, 2014

Florida Bound

lone winter leaf

With January always comes that sense of time dragging...the holidays are over, and there are three full months of winter to still deal with. Time passes slow as molasses. This year, though, I'm going to get a brief break from winter - a trip to Florida! I look forward to the palm trees and balmier weather next week. I'll be back in the blog world in 10 days or so, hopefully with some new photos to share! We'll be spending several days at Disney World, too, so maybe I'll see Mickey. :)

There’s something on my heart that can’t be lifted – I give in to wintering. You won’t see me till the buds start to blossom. ~Ailbhe NĂ­ Ghearbhuigh

7 comments:

  1. Oh I am so jealous! I love going on trips right after the holidays as it make the January Blahs so much easier. I love your shot Sherri and I hpe you have a great trip. Looks like a much better way to cheer yourself up than going to an antique store. Will look forward to you photos. Have an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I fit in your suitcase ? Warm weather and the Mouse perfect have a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent impression of a leave.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous image....do I dare say that the sun is shinning here (finally!) and our high is supposed to be 76! Have a great time in Florida, I could use some beach time myself....hmmm. And this image is so great!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time in Florida. A break from winter is definitely needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so jealous. I've had beach fever for about.... well since whenever the last time I went to the beach was. The quote hits home, too. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning image! what I wouldn't do for a little green grass/moss :)

    ReplyDelete