Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Disney World

Disney World Castle

Laughter is America's most important export. ~Walt Disney

I'm back from Florida - we had a fantastic time visiting family and Disney World. I've come to the conclusion, though, that four straight days of morning-to-night Disney is too much for my 52-year old body! By the last day everything was creaking and aching...lol. We went to all four parks: Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. I took over 1,000 photos (as did my husband), and I will share some of my favorites in the coming weeks.

My 22-year old daughter is the biggest Disney fan on the planet so it's always a joy to go there with her and see her excitement. Her first Disney experience was at the age of six, and it truly was magical! I think that magic casts a "joy spell" and stays with you forever. Each time you visit thereafter, you become a kid again.

Unfortunately, the day we were at the Magic Kingdom the castle had a big crane on it because they were taking down the last of the Christmas decorations. But other than that, the parks were bright, colorful, and...magical!

I'm linking up today with Kim's Texture Tuesday - I used her "Touch of 1" texture at Soft Light/25%.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sherri,
    a wonderful picture.
    I wish I could be there...
    Thanks for sharing,
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shot! Glad that you had a great time. We have been there only one time in the past and it was the first day that school was out in florida.... does that give you a thought of what we thought of it??? LOL. Great shot, and looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely view. The pale pink roses are so pretty in front of the Disney Castle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot! I love Disney World too - it is a magical place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Can't wait to see what you captured. I was there for I think one day when I was 11 (a long time ago) and haven't been back since. My kids have never been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely image! Wonderful point of view, I love how the gorgeous pink roses lead the eye to the Disney castle... so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the light touch of your processing. a beautiful photo. so glad you had such a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is do pretty with the castle in the DOF and focus on the flower...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, what a lovely shot! It's so nice to see green grass and flowers - such a nice change from snow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Disney. But wow, all 4 parks sounds like a marathon! Now that you're back from your vacation, maybe you can get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete