Friday, December 20, 2013

Smitten With Anthropologie















Oh, be still, my beating heart...my love for Anthropologie knows no bounds. Words can't describe how much I love this store. I literally feel giddy when I walk through its doors, and when it's finally time to leave I don't want to walk out because of how happy it makes me to be there. All the pretty things!! The colors, the textures, the perfect presentation of every tiny, little detail, staged to perfection...it's a feast for my eyes. Does anyone else feel this way when they visit this store, or am I the only weird one?? :)

I visited the Anthropologie at Reston Town Center this past week with my daughter, and I couldn't stop snapping photos with my iPhone. I tried to be discreet and none of the employees seemed to be bothered by it. Based on the 100,000+ #anthropologie photos on Instagram, I'm thinking they're probably used to it by now.

My dream is to visit the Anthropologie store in Manhattan, which I hear is spectacular (and not one but TWO floors of visual nirvana). I'm sharing a video below about the Anthropologie designers...this would be my dream job if I were young again, and knew then what I know now about myself, and what I love.

Thank you for stopping by...is there a store where you are that makes your heart beat faster? Please share!



Kim Klassen dot Com

13 comments:

  1. You are not the only one that loves this store, it is a feast for the eyes, so much to look at. My eyes just dart around like a kid in a candy store. Love all your photos. Happy Holidays to you Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! It is probably best on my bank account that the store is not right around the corner from me. When I do go, I make sure I have enough time to carefully browse around. My last visit was with my DIL and we couldn't stop looking - of course we HAD to make purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh no Anthro near where I live in fact I think there are only a couple in the whole of the UK. Probably a good thing lol.... Have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is full to overflowing with the beauty of the images I see whenever I click through one of the Tuesday Textures or Friday Finds. So glad that we have all found Kim and are sharing her journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anthropologie seems to have that effect on a lot of people ... moi included. Maybe we should start a 12-step groug for Anthropologies Anonymous. It is really visual candy. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had the opportunity to visit one of these stores. Perhaps that is a good things as I see so much i like! I LOVE the books on the wall. Wondering how they did that. Thank you for taking us on a such a wonderful photo tour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Anthropology too! Never leave the store without a little inspiration (and a little something).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love Anthropologie and go there often over in Fort Worth. There is a great store there. I also feel like that about the Crate and Barrell in Chicago on Michigan ave. I like anthropologie though so much that I took my grandson over there and did a very lengthy photo shoot in their window. The pictures turned out great
    ! Love your shots Sherri they really capture the feeling of the store. also thanks so much for your kind comments on my little fur friend. It is really hard to lose those pets , and I know you know that. I was already thinking that I might need to look for a puppy, but am afraid my husband would make me move to our cabin. Hope that your holiday is wonderful, and know you are going to enjoy having your daughter home from college. Big holiday hugs to you from the lone star state! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anthropologie is definitely an emotional experience! I don't visit often but have some local shops that are styled with such care and it is always a treat to visit them. And there is a florist in Paris with tiny boutiques around the city – purchases are placed in a gift bag and then filled with fresh rose petals. A rosebud is then tied on the handles with ribbon. What a delight to shop there!

    Thinking of you and sending very best wishes for a wonderful Christmas, Sherri! Thank you for all you share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I am better off that none of those stores are close to me! It looks wonderful...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a LARGE Anthropologie store in downtown Philly...I could go on vacation there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this store too. Love the eclectic feel, the rustic wood, the warm and fuzzy feeling I get in there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think there are very few people who don't love this store...A few years ago I went to the main store in Manhattan...I stood around gawking for hours, then got up the courage to ask if I could take photos. It was amazing. WE have quite a nice store in Charlotte....I wish they sold slightly larger sizes, however ! I think they would do very well, especially loose linen with a funky style. Your photos are super and show case the store very well. I can't walk out without buying something: usually a book. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete