Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Little Sunshine

spring yellow

spring yellow

spring yellow

spring yellow

Our spirit persists like a man struggling
through the frozen valley
who suddenly smells flowers
and realizes the snow is melting
out of sight on top of the mountain,
knows that spring has begun.
~Jack Gilbert

A cheery reminder...spring is coming! I'm not a yellow person typically, unless it's flowers. I thought I'd share some yellow flowers today and spread a little sunshine. Our daffodils aren't quite blooming yet but it won't be long...and I was very excited to see our crocuses blooming yesterday. The lily is from my grocery store flower purchase last week - they've lasted a long time! The ceramic flower basket belonged to my grandmother and is very sentimental to me. Happy Sunday!

On a separate note, I apologize that I've had to activate word verification on my blog. Over the last two weeks, I've suddenly been overtaken with anonymous spam comments - about a dozen a day. It's so frustrating...if anyone has any advice on how to get around this without word verification, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

EDIT: I've switched to comment moderation for now...we'll see how that goes!

4 comments:

  1. Yellow is the most beautiful in flowers, isn't it....Our daffodils are starting to really bloom and I am sure others are not far behind....

    About the spam comments, I had a rash of those as well and I just deleted each one as soon as I saw it and they soon stopped. I haven't had any lately....It's so aggravating....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow flowers just make me happy :)

    I had a couple spam comments in the recent past. I just deleted them too as soon as I saw them. They have stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Breathing in deeply* I swear I can almost smell the flowers.

    I think winter and spring affects you and I quite similarly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs, beautiful spring climates. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete