Saturday, December 15, 2012

Melted Words

winter trees

Trying to make sense of something nonsensical and horrific...that is the state of my numbed mind and spirit today. I was all set to post some festive, holiday photos but my heart just isn't up to it...I'll do that in a few days. Life goes on, but it's hard to go through today as if nothing has happened. I feel like this photo: stark, exposed, gray, blue...my heart and prayers are with all those in Connecticut. I don't have the proper words to express the sorrow and sympathy I feel for them. I'm sending them love and strength.

SOAKED

Tears are melted words
From our hearts
Unspoken sentences
Soaked through
Till they dissolve
In a liquid flow
Pure emotions leaking
Through the cracks
Of our fragile souls
Circular and stinging
Bittersweet and clinging
Then silently letting go.

© Sherri Brannon

8 comments:

  1. It is hard to find the words for something so unspeakable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautifully written,...and your photo is very fitting! I too found it difficult to go on with happy and festive posts at the moment. Thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this horrific tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful heartfelt honest poem. Your sentiments echo mine (and all of ours....) Thank-you for finding words...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words Sherri! I totally understand your sorrow and innability to post something Christmasy! When I was over in Fort Worth yesterday, it was lovely to see the many many kids in the Christmas spirit, and I wanted to honor that... but on the other hand, every little face I saw reminded me of the kids in Ct, and of the heartbroken parents. When I was trying to write about my day... I just felt Stuck... Love your poem as it is so applicable and moving. Hope you have a lovely holiday with your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, your tribute is simply perfect. What an apt poem with imagery and emotion that is felt and shared. Thanks for this. And prayers to all the families and our country who mourns with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same, Sherri. I was all ready to write about my new nephew, but... I just can't. Not yet. I'm sick. Then angry. Then guilty. But mostly sad. Sadness beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can;t even Sherri... trying to make sense of something so horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree with you Sherri. After the Connecticut tragedy, there was another horrific crime that took place in India, where I come from. Makes me feel very sad and helpless.

    ReplyDelete