Sunday, June 24, 2018

Blue My Mind

Blue

These days I’m all about
the softness of my soul
her quiet voice
at the bottom of my lungs
her tender voweling
the taste in my mouth
that her poetry brings
and I let her flow
because pooling her words
in my throat
not letting them flow
makes me choke
Words are only breath
floating out of the mouth
on the waves of the soul

I write thoughts like this down
but I don't believe
these words are my own
it's my soul who is speaking
her eyes that are seeing
her words are my breath
this is my strength.

A touch of ancient sorrow
came with me out of the womb
but it hasn’t taken me
it hasn’t won
my brain loves to brood
it loves to blue my mind
but I've realized some things
how, when a linear mind
fills up with the roundness
of soulful things
sharp fears lose their edges
how, even prayers can be
self-delusions
when spoken with the dread
of a human
I lament the fact
that my soul's deepest thoughts
can't be expressed
in earth's language
the pureness of her intentions
gets lost in crude translations
and I know by now
that happiness is rationed
along with pain and passion.

Can I find God
with the burden
of a mind, I wonder,
when fear steps in
with hope and love
and they all
intertwine together?
Three's a crowd,
my soul says with a whisper,
You're not here to learn,
you're here to remember.



"Don't let your mind see through your eyes." ~Mooji

The soul always knows.

20 comments:

  1. I like the dialogue you have with your soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Words are only breath floating out of the mouth on the waves of the soul." Gosh I love this!šŸ’œ Such a deeply introspective and gorgeous poem.šŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is our only savour and very true that in day to day busy life, we sometimes forget abut God, but he is always there for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving voice to this mystery. The unconscious/muse can draw from places we can't easily access, I think. The soul and muse are good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Innermost musings from the unconscious mind are a great source of inspiration. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this poem, the soft voice of your soul. I, too, was born with that touch of ancient sorrow, Irish in my case. I LOVE the closing lines: "You're not here to learn, you're here to remember." Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. " when a linear mind
    fills up with the roundness
    of soulful things
    sharp fears lose their edges"

    favourite lines.

    Thanks for dropping by my Sunday Standard today Sheri

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oftentimes it seems that where there is hope and love fear finds a way to enter the picture. It is good to listen to / heed the messages of one's soul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is superb and I felt as though I was having a conversation with my soul too....your turn of phrase throughout was just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful as breathing indeed - a pleasure to read, a joy for my soul.

    "You're not here to learn,
    you're here to remember."
    - wonderful thoughts, wonderful words.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the musings of your sooul and the questions you ask...can fear and hope co-exist?.....lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. A touch of ancient sorrow
    came with me out of the womb...
    a linear mind
    fills up with the roundness
    of soulful things...

    exquisite rumination...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our soul that inner conscience of ours really does have the final say doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's my soul who is speaking
    her eyes that are seeing
    her words are my breath
    this is my strength.

    It is advantageous to be able to relate closely with your inner self. It certainly gives lots of strengths!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I have been doing my soul talk lately. It isn't always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Sherrie for sharing your gift of words. I am so glad you are writing and then posting. I would have to encourage you to publish your work and accompanying art/photography. I haven't been following or writing blogs for quite awhile. I am so glad I took the hour to enjoy your words that "flow like breath" onto the page. A blessed gift you have been given. You are very wise and that wisdom pours forth through your written words. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, how much I love and relate to this delicately-woven and deeply thoughtful poem! If it had not already been shared with the Poets United community via the Pantry, I'd definitely have begged to use it in 'I Wish I'd Written This'. (But then, without the Pantry, I might not have seen it myself.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you to say, Rosemary - thank you!

      Delete