Tuesday, March 17, 2015

When in Doubt, Just Jump Back In

Florida sunset

The day is ending. It’s time for something that was beautiful to turn into something else that is beautiful. Now, let go. ~Elizabeth Gilbert

Hello, Blog World...it's been months since I've posted. I guess the only solution is to just jump right back in.

Living in Florida is fantastic. The weather is truly amazing. We left a gray winter landscape in Virginia, and exchanged them for vast blue skies and vibrant flowers everywhere. It's still surreal for me. Now I just need to get my creative groove back. Life has been so busy with the move since last October. I feel like this is an opportunity for me to begin anew with all things creative. I don't quite know yet which direction I'll go in, but I will let go and enjoy the process.

For now, I'm sharing a photo I took of a sunset last week. The sunsets here are as varied as the trees were in Virginia...every night there's a new surprise in the sky to awe me. The colors and clouds are magnificent. For this image, I used Kim's "Cora" texture at Multiply/25%. I also put the photo into Radlab to tweak it. I was very rusty with my Photoshop skills - it's been months since I've edited photos on my big computer. It felt good!

Thank you for stopping by. I hope to get back on track with my blog. Happy Tuesday to you!

Kim Klassen dot com

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset! I love seeing the palm trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I'm glad we've had instagram - I still feel in touch! Your images are so beautiful and creative! So glad Florida has welcomed you well! And glad you're back in this space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous sunset, Sherri, the colors are wonderful !
    Wishing you lots of creativity !
    Have a nice week,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to blogworld! What a wonderfully awesome sunset. For getting back into a creative flow I highly recommend 'Steal like an artist'. It's an older book (probably you've already read it) but I just picked it up and I love it. One of those you just like to have on your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi sheri! welcome back! so nice to see your beautiful photography. what a stunner! i am constantly amazed how every sunset can be so different and with such vivid colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherri
    So glad to hear you are enjoying Florida.
    I used to live In Panama City, FL in the 80's and loved the beaches there, not so much the humidity, though!

    Good to see you back and love the photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colors. With the roof lines in silhouette it looks almost like pyramids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, Sherri! Those posts when I haven't posted in a long while are always the toughest.

    And you're not allowed to leave :) It's like the Hotel Blog-ifornia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I see some amazing work on your blog. Just want to let you know that I have a digital art meme if you would like to join in whenever you have the time.

    NF DAM at http://nfverk.blogspot.se/
    Why not check it out!

    ReplyDelete