Friday, July 5, 2013

A Glance at The Glory

hydrangea love

For what is it to be a poet? It is to see at a glance the glory of the world, to see beauty in all its forms and manifestations, to feel ugliness like a pain, to resent the wrongs of others as bitterly as one’s own, to know mankind as others know single men, to know Nature as botanists know a flower, to be thought a fool, to hear at moments the clear voice of God. ~Dunsany

Ah, yes. Perfectly expressed. How are you blog world? I just wanted to say hello to all my fellow blog friends. This summer is incredibly busy and it has taken away most of my blog time. I look forward to the end of August when things will slow down again! In the meantime, I thought I'd post an iphone photo I took a couple days ago of a gorgeous hydrangea bush in Occoquan, Virginia. I'm also including a beautiful quote about poetry. My iphoneography is keeping me busy in between all my commitments, and my poetic muse is always close by, nudging me even when I'm too busy to pay attention. I hope everyone is having a great summer - thank you for stopping by!

The apps I used for this iphone image are: Snapseed, Vscocam, and Mystic (for the circle frame and text). Three of my absolute favorites - I highly recommend them!

5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for that iPhone for you. You can still be your lovely creative self, even with limited time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sherri! Love your iphoneography, and this is a beautiful processing of these flowers! also love the quote on poetry, and you do such a wonderful job of fulfilling that. Hugs to you, and hope you had a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful. And do I know about busy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful quote...thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a discovery....and just as I am trying to fine tune my photographic skills. Your photography is gorgeous and this quote will be jotted down immediately since I am a lover of poetry. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a warm comment.

    ReplyDelete