Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Beautiful Spring Blooms

lily of the valley

dreamy azaleas

azalea bloom

azaleas

lily of the valley

How passionately we love everything that cannot last: the dazzling crystallory of winter, the spring in bloom, the fragile flight of butterflies, crimson sunsets, a kiss, and life. ~Dean Koontz

I've enjoyed seeing the bright, pink blossoms of my azalea bushes this past week, and also the heavenly scent of my lily of the valley flowers. I thought I'd post a few photos of them to share. Thank goodness they're both very hardy plants who somehow survive despite my complete lack of a green thumb. These photos were taken last week...as I look out the window today, the heavy rain has battered them down and the blooms are starting to fade. The beauty of their blooms may be fleeting, but they sure make me smile year after year!

8 comments:

  1. I do love lily of the valley, they take me right back to my childhood where I remember carpets of them around the larger shrubs. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, these are just beautiful!
    I especially love the focus in the first one.
    So nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the lily of the valley, and remember them as a child and how good that they smell! Love your shots Sherri! Isn't it wonderful to be spring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh the essence of Spring, nothing could be any better well maybe we feel that way about all the seasons. Especially as a photographer they all give us something new to capture. Love the little Lily of the Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! More pink! So, so pretty. And lily of the valley - the scent carries me right back to my childhood home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing says spring like an azalea, especially a pink one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the contrast of the tiny white lily of the valley against the bright pinks.

    ReplyDelete