Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Stand in It

thanksgiving 2012

thanksgiving 2012

thanksgiving 2012

thanksgiving 2012

Pursuing happiness, and I did, and I still do, is not at all the same as being happy – which I think is fleeting, dependent on circumstances, and a bit bovine. If the sun is shining, stand in it – yes, yes, yes. Happy times are great but happy times pass… The pursuit of happiness is more elusive; it is life-long, and it is not goal-centred. ~Jeanette Winterson

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with family and am still basking in the afterglow of the good memories...Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it's purely about spending time with the ones you love. There are no other requirements than to enjoy each other's company (and eat too much food). Deadlines and to do lists fall away for a few days while you simply connect with the special ones in your life. There was movie watching, walks, long conversations about life, laughter...as the quote above says, there was no seeking out of happiness this weekend. It was simply there amidst us, fully present, asking nothing in return...which is how happiness usually works. The weather was beautiful the day after Thanksgiving and we all took a walk...here are a few shots I got of the trees and gorgeous sky. I'm also including a photo of my daughter and her boyfriend because I just can't help myself...aren't they a gorgeous couple? *beams*

I'm linking up to Kim's Texture Tuesday today, which has a "free & easy" theme. I used her "peony" texture on all the tree photos, at Multiply/100%. I also put them through Radlab to tweak them a bit. Thank you for stopping by - if you celebrated, I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one!

kimklassencafe

12 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Sherri. That shot of the young couple is wonderful. The delight in their faces is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos and your thoughts on this wonderful holiday Sherri! Your daughter and her boyfriend are so cute together, and am so glad that all of you had such a lovely time! Hugs from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your reflections on this holiday Sherri. That is what it should be all about! You captured a very special moment with your daughter and her boyfriend. It's so full of love and exuberance. Happiness-making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, just like those before me, your thoughts are right on about Thanksgiving. Your shots are beautiful, and yes they make a fabulous couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wondrous, Sherri!! I love "visiting" your little corner of the World. my Thanksgiving was very quiet, which of course is how my Life is, and I thoroughly enJOYed every last moment. basking in Gratitude for the wondrous Love in my Life.

    those trees, they make my heart sing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet :) thank you for sharing your peaceful state of mind. what a bliss. your daughter and her boyfriend look really happy and they're gorgeous. and the colors on the trees are stunning. it's a perfect post. so full of love and peace. thank you :)
    Ana @ wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Sherri, these photos are stunning. The colors are so vivid and they have a vintage feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving with your family. Your daughter and her boyfriend are a darling couple.
    Great photos of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes, they're a gorgeous couple! Love your tree photos, too - such beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exquisite autumn shots, so warm and pretty. Your daughter and her boyfriend are a darling couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can feel your happiness through this post. So glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Your daughter is lovely :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete