Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Wildflower

showering sapphire

And everything I know just fades away
And when a wildflower grows it picks its space
And that's the way it is when nature plays its lovely hand
We'll understand everything.


~Sheryl Crow, "Wildflower"

Today I'm joining in with Kathy's Song-ography...my blog has been sadly neglected, and her fun weekly prompt was the perfect chance for me to jump back in. Thank you, Kathy!

I have always loved this song by Sheryl Crow. The lyrics touch me deeply. She sings it with such heart and feeling...it gets me every time.

I took this photo with my iPhone, which is my prime source of photography now. It's where I feel the most comfortable and I've decided to stick with it. I attempted to take a manual photography course recently, and it confirmed what I already suspected: it's not where my passion is. For me, it's all about the post-photo process. The joy is in the editing and altering of the photo afterwards, not in the purity of an original capture. Isn't it funny how each person finds satisfaction with different aspects of photography? I love that about creative expression.

Thank you for stopping by.









11 comments:

  1. So fun to get to visit you here! ....but your iphone pics keep me inspired! The color here is amazing.... and somehow every bloom is validated. Highlighted. The photo is a wonderful illustration of how we each have a place - and together we are even more lovely!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image and song. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photo! Would make a wonderful watercolor painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The light is just amazing, Sherri ~ and the way the lilac flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like minds on wildflowers this week and your picture is just dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you here! know you have been getting acclimated to your new home. love your editing and those words are so profound

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful song to go with your gorgeous photo. I love to both compose a great shot and post processing, which I find relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well helloooooio there stranger :). I've been following you on Instagram, but had wondered if your blog was a thing of the past. So glad you decided to join in this week, you've been missed. I love Sheryl Crow too...perfect song to go with your gorgeous photography. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely image and the lyrics are perfect for the image

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete